Thursday, July 17, 2008

Contemporain



I had the pleasure of seeing the La Triannale quebecois when I was in Montreal in June. It was exciting to experience a large contempory art museum that not only gets national artists but great international shows (I recall there was a Kiefer show there last year.) La Triannale was very good to see, a great cross-section of art from installations, paintings, sculpture and photography. I couldn't take any pictures inside so I've more pictures of the outside.




One of the hilights was a video display by Gary Hill . It was pretty neat: two 'portrait' of a woman where while one was looking out at the viewer the other would look at the other portrait ... and then switch.

It was also a thrill to see one of favourite artists: David Altmajed. He was Canada's representative at the 2007 Venice Biannale They had some of his giant mythological sculptures on display - the scale and complexity of his work was quite amazing.



No comments: