Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Rise of the Spinosaur (and other occurances)

Back in March of this year I started working three days a week at the office job in order to devote more time to my art practice at my home studio. After some eventful months I'm starting to get back into creating more art. I've a large work occupying my living room right now: Spinosaurus!

Right now I'm trying to compose the octagons and I've been playing with many different arrangements. I'm leaning more to off-centring the cluster now --- once I figure out that I think this one will be complete.

(There is a bit inspiration from my wife Michelle and I's honeymoon --- in particular a passanger we picked up in Tunisia.)
Another work that I've started is Stegosaurus. It's on a little more sane scale, but I think the composition I've envisioned for it works for that and shape of the canvas. I'm experimenting with kind of reversing my usual process so I'm curious to see where it ends up.


1 comment:

mamma said...

great blog cam - I love the pic of you working, it gives a better idea of the scale of these things! I cant wait to see more!