Monday, January 05, 2009

Holidays & unpacking

Must say we had a very nice holiday season. Ample time well spent with family: food ... playing with kids ... food. Really felt wholesome to be part of a family. Why don't we have more holidays like this? People would be a lot better off for it. Particularly in N. America ...

Been on kind of an art-making hiatus these last few weeks. With time spent on working, holiday events, art exhibition (during a snow storm and nasty cold snap) and gallery-sitting the time for making art has dwindled. It didn't bother me too much until the end of holidays - sometimes I need that 'fallow field' period in my creative life - but I'm feeling the creative needs again and since it's been awhile since I've engaged that part of my brain it's hard to start-up again & jump into new (and finish old) projects ... so I'm starting to get antsy. Will have to work on time management and get rolling again. I'm also musing on taking different directions, will need to think about that as well.

No comments: